Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Lonely Tree

_MG_7595_6_2_3_4 (ver B/w)

Picture Taken on 4 Sep 2008

I was on block leave during September and decided to take a trip to Ponggol. It was the first time that I took the NEL all the way to Ponggol. Well, the weather wasn't really what I hoped for. I had hoped for a sunny clear sky but it was dark and gloomy that day.

As I head towards the Serangoon River, I saw this tree. This was definitely a moment that is hard to come by. There are 3 elements in the picture, the gloomy weather, the barren tree and the reflection. I thought by combining all 3 elements it would be quite a breath taking picture. Indeed it turned out to be quite a pleasing one. Not to forget, this picture would not be possible without HDR. dSLR would not be able to capture the wide dynamic range. Either you get a correct exposure for the sky or you get a correct one for the foreground. So I had to take multiple exposure of this scene to be able to do a good HDR. Of course, when taking multiple exposure, a tripod is required to ensure that all pictures of the scene is the same and they will not be huge mis-alignment.

No comments: